DCC-11, manufactured by Thermolec, is an energy management system designed to allow the connection of an EV charger to the main feeder of a panel without affecting the load calculation.
HOW IT WORKS
- DCC does a real-time reading of the total power consumption of a home or condo electrical panel;
- It detects when the total power consumption of the main circuit breaker exceeds 80% and temporarily de-energizes the charger.
- When DCC detects that the total power consumption of the electrical panel is less than 80% for more than 15 minutes it automatically re-energizes the charger.
DCC will only allow power to be delivered to the EV charger if the total demand of the panel is below its full capacity.
- Ideal when no more breaker slots are available in a panel
- Does not affect load calculation of a panel
- Automatic billing of electricity by the utility for multi-unit residential building installations.
- Can be ceiling or wall mounted.